LDAP Tools

Overview

This Plug-in provides the ability to update Appian user profiles from data retrieved from an LDAP server. The data that can be synchronized include all the default user profile fields except the username (e.g. first name, last name, address, phone, supervisor, title, etc…) as well as the custom fields.

Key Features & Functionality

• LDAP User Profile Synchronization (Smart Service) - available in the Process Modeler under Integration Services > Connectivity Services
  • LDAP Sync Process Model (Sample Process Model) - will need to be tailored and tested based on identity management requirements
  • ldapSearch() Function - returns an array of LDAP attributes for a specific search query

See the instructions documentation (attached PDF) and https://community.appian.com/w/the-appian-playbook/520/ldap-synchronization for more information.

Anonymous
Parents
  • Hello, 

Have anyone ran into any issues with this plugin while the system is on version 23.1 and above? 

We are experiencing some issues with our plugin nodes, where is simply says that "An error occurred in executing an Activity Class."

• Is your site using the latest plug-in version? More information will be available in the tomcat-stdout.log file about this error, but several users have reported issues with older version of this plug-in on 23.1 and later.

• Hi, We are also getting same issue. Please let me know if you find any solution

• Hi, 

Simply upgrade to the latest LDAP version. That seems to fix the error.

• Hi, Getting the same error. Did you find the solution for this? 

• Hej Zach, 

Thanks for responding. We did upgrade to 1.5.0 version for the plugin on right after we upgraded the platform to 23.1. 

Did some digging in the log you mentioned and found this ERROR msg: 

2023-10-02 11:00:03,970 [ThreadPoolTaskExecutor-49977] ERROR com.appiancorp.process.workpoller.WorkItemListener - The following exception occurred while attempting to complete work item [[WorkId: 26, EngineId: execution00, Request: UnattendedJavaActivityRequest:1057423 as DeploymentDaemon by DeploymentDaemon, ProcessId: 222361, ProcessModelId: 301, Response: null]] - Exception: 
    javax.resource.spi.work.WorkCompletedException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.appiancorp.suiteapi.personalization.UserValidationUtils.isValidNameLength(Ljava/lang/String;I)Z

I will investigate it on my end,however, if you already might know what's the cause of this, please feel free to respond.
Comment
  • Hej Zach, 

Thanks for responding. We did upgrade to 1.5.0 version for the plugin on right after we upgraded the platform to 23.1. 

Did some digging in the log you mentioned and found this ERROR msg: 

2023-10-02 11:00:03,970 [ThreadPoolTaskExecutor-49977] ERROR com.appiancorp.process.workpoller.WorkItemListener - The following exception occurred while attempting to complete work item [[WorkId: 26, EngineId: execution00, Request: UnattendedJavaActivityRequest:1057423 as DeploymentDaemon by DeploymentDaemon, ProcessId: 222361, ProcessModelId: 301, Response: null]] - Exception: 
    javax.resource.spi.work.WorkCompletedException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.appiancorp.suiteapi.personalization.UserValidationUtils.isValidNameLength(Ljava/lang/String;I)Z

I will investigate it on my end,however, if you already might know what's the cause of this, please feel free to respond.
Children