LDAP Tools

Overview

This Plug-in provides the ability to update Appian user profiles from data retrieved from an LDAP server. The data that can be synchronized include all the default user profile fields except the username (e.g. first name, last name, address, phone, supervisor, title, etc…) as well as the custom fields.

Key Features & Functionality

• LDAP User Profile Synchronization (Smart Service) - available in the Process Modeler under Integration Services > Connectivity Services
  • LDAP Sync Process Model (Sample Process Model) - will need to be tailored and tested based on identity management requirements
  • ldapSearch() Function - returns an array of LDAP attributes for a specific search query

See the instructions documentation (attached PDF) and https://community.appian.com/w/the-appian-playbook/520/ldap-synchronization for more information.

Anonymous
Parents
  • I am currently looking at the User record upgrade documentation and I noticed that in the record sync notes, the user record sync cannot be triggered except from specified OTB user smart services or where the userService public Java API has been used in the related plugin.
    I cannot find any reference to the userService public Java API inside the source for this plugin and so I would conclude that this plugin will not trigger the record synchronization.
    Am I correct in my findings above?
    Does anyone have any experience they would like to share or recommend a course of action that would result in the triggering of a User record sync when utilising this smart service?
    Thanks in advance.

Comment
  • I am currently looking at the User record upgrade documentation and I noticed that in the record sync notes, the user record sync cannot be triggered except from specified OTB user smart services or where the userService public Java API has been used in the related plugin.
    I cannot find any reference to the userService public Java API inside the source for this plugin and so I would conclude that this plugin will not trigger the record synchronization.
    Am I correct in my findings above?
    Does anyone have any experience they would like to share or recommend a course of action that would result in the triggering of a User record sync when utilising this smart service?
    Thanks in advance.

Children
No Data