Outlook Email Poller

Overview

The Outlook Email Poller is a smart service plugin designed to seamlessly connect with Microsoft Outlook, read unread emails, and store them securely in MySQL, Oracle, or MariaDB databases

Key Features & Functionality

• Read Unread Mails From Outlook Mailbox and write mail information to Database
  • Store Mail Content and Attachments In Appian Document Folders
  • Support For Oracle Mysql And MariaDb Databases to write the mail content
  • Support For Application Mailbox Read and Delegated Mailbox Read
  • Implements robust encryption mechanisms for securing sensitive email body content during storage in the database.

Anonymous
  • Hi! Sorry, totally forgot to reply! Sadly no. They said the environment had all the Java Class properly installed, so it should be a problem with the plugin. We found a workaround using another plugin, but we're back investigating this issue to get rid of the IMAP solution we currently have installed

•    - Even I raised a support ticket and below is the reply : Can you  see if its something related to the plug in please ? 

===========

Team, I've attempted redeploying the plugin and it fails with the following message: 2022-06-02 19:53:14,482 [Appian Plugin Hot Deploy] ERROR com.appiancorp.plugins.LoggingPluginEventListener - Failed to enable Plug-in 'Outlook Email Poller' (com.vuram.emailpoller) version 1.4.6: 'There was a problem loading the descriptor for module 'PollOutlookEmail' in plugin 'Outlook Email Poller'. We suggest reaching out to the plugin author surrounding this module loading issue.

=========

• Hi , Has to support team resolved the issue ? May I please know the outcome ? 

• Hi ,

Appian support said that the ContentService class is included on the cloud site, and the problem also exists for them on the site they're using. So they told us to get back to the plugin developers.

To give you more info, we have installed the 22.1 version of Appian. Version 1.4.5 of the plugin worked without issues and it was installed correctly. Here's a bigger version of the error trace, in case that helps:

2022-05-18 15:45:09,934 [ajp-nio-0.0.0.0-8009-exec-10790] ERROR com.appiancorp.plugins.LoggingPluginEventListener - Failed to enable Plug-in 'Outlook Email Poller' (com.vuram.emailpoller) version 1.4.6: 'There was a problem loading the descriptor for module 'PollOutlookEmail' in plugin 'Outlook Email Poller'.
     Error retrieving dependency of class: com.vuram.emailpoller.PollEmailFromGraphAPI. Missing class: ContentService'
    2022-05-18 15:45:09,939 [ajp-nio-0.0.0.0-8009-exec-10790] ERROR com.appiancorp.rest.shared.AppianExceptionMapper - Internal Server Error on REST API invocation.
    com.appiancorp.exceptions.LocalizedAppianRuntimeException$LocalizedAppianException: Expression evaluation error [evaluation ID = dd1cd:7b2b7] : An error occurred while executing a save: java.util.UnknownFormatConversionException: Conversion = 'D' (APNX-1-4198-019)

Thanks in advance!

• Thanks a lot! We just opened a support ticket

• Hi ,

The ContentService is the class provided by Appian with the installation. So this missing class issue is not from the plugin. My suggestion is to raise a support ticket to Appian reporting this issue. They will surely get a solution to fix this issue.

• For more info, while checking the logs, I get this message:

Failed to enable Plug-in 'Outlook Email Poller' (com.vuram.emailpoller) version 1.4.6: 'There was a problem loading the descriptor for module 'PollOutlookEmail' in plugin 'Outlook Email Poller'.
     Error retrieving dependency of class: com.vuram.emailpoller.PollEmailFromGraphAPI. Missing class: ContentService'

Thanks in advance!
  • I'm trying to install the plugin, but it's giving me this error while doing so on the admin console 

Any way to fix it and install the plugin?

• v1.4.6 Release Notes
    • Security patch updated
  • v1.4.5 Release Notes
    • Smart service for delegated service account now supports shared mailboxes.