How to convert Sail form to PDF format

How to convert Sail form to PDF format

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Josep,

Thanks for the reply. I'm able to create PDF.

I also have the requirement to merge the documents. I'm using Merge PDF smart service.

Scenario is : I have two different PDF documents, where I need to merge both documents into single PDF. I have a digital signature in one PDF document. I want that signature to be placed beside "Signature" word which is the other document. How do I keep the digital signature beside the "Signature" word. How do I achieve this?

As of now, PDF's have been merged. But, they are two different pages.

Thanks, Monika

• Hello Monika,

The first page is created using a word document? Of how are you achieving that first page of the pdf.

I will be easier if the image is placed there when creating that page and not altering it after.

In case you created the page using XSLFO the. That is another story it is quite easy, please tell me how you created that to be able to help better.

José
  • Hi Jose,

I have created the first page of the PDF using (MS Word 2007 Doc from Template) to generate document through template and then converting it to PDF.

As you suggested above "I will be easier if the image is placed there when creating that page and not altering it after." - I tried this to place the image beside the Signature word. 

I am using below smart service. But, when I am passing the image document as parameter its not showing image, its shows like [Document: 31279].

Please tell how can I show image through this smart service.

Thanks, Monika

• Hello Monika,

If you want to keep using just that smartservice I don't know a way to place an image there AFAIK it just replaces the ###variables### you define like that but you can use the Dynamic Document generation plugin, it

forum.appian.com/.../summary

take a look at previous conversations on that plugin.
    * community.appian.com/.../configure-docx-from-dynamic-template---images
    * community.appian.com/.../docx-from-dynamic-template

With this plugin you have two options.
    1) create the pdf using that plugin

2) using the current template , create a pre-template which have to be done as defined on the "Dynamic Document Generator" pass just the image which will create the template with this ### and the image and later pass it back to the current smart service.

Hope this helps

Jose