CDT vs Record Type

Hi,

I am very new to Appian and i am going through some of the courses, which i think are very helpful.

I am reading and learning about CDT and Record Type. They look similar to me but i am sure there is something that i am missing. When would you use one vs another (example)? Appreciate your help and comments as i navigate and learn Appian.

Thank you!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

A CDT is just a data structure which can be used in various places in applications. Examples are: customer data, invoice data, request data

A record type is the connector for data, UI and processes and typically reflects the main business objects. Examples are similar to above, but are not just the data structure, but the data itself including UI representation and processes acting on that data.

Certified Lead Developer

A CDT is just a data structure which can be used in various places in applications. Examples are: customer data, invoice data, request data

A record type is the connector for data, UI and processes and typically reflects the main business objects. Examples are similar to above, but are not just the data structure, but the data itself including UI representation and processes acting on that data.

Children
No Data