Excel Plugin Deployment Error

Hello,

I'm getting error below when deploying the plugin. Kindly, please shed some light on the issue that we're facing.

ERROR com.appiancorp.plugins.LoggingPluginEventListener - Failed to enable Plug-in 'com.appiancorp.ps.exceltools' (com.appiancorp.ps.exceltools) version 2.0.2: 'Could not create types for [class com.appiancorp.ps.exceltools.datatype.ExportableDataSubset]. Cause: An error occurred while trying to save the type information to the Appian data source. No types have been imported. Cause: Type definitions could not be found in the Appian data source for the following type ids: 110 (APNX-1-4166-003)

Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer
    It may be due to Appian DS cannot find the type mentioned 110 due to change in DS. Try to check the version support for plugin and if you are on cloud you can seek restart of appian engines and removal of deprecated plugins installed in admin
  • The plugin is said to be supported from 7.10 to 18.2. We also removed the deprecated plugin and associated CDT before deploying the current plugin.
  • Hello Oliver

This is really interesting because that class is part of the plugin.
    Do you have any other exception in the log file above that one that you shared?

Does this plugin deployed correctly in any environment ?
    By any chance you imported the CDT as you mentioned in the other post?

Jose
  • We've been able to deploy the new plugin to another environment succesfully, but that particular environment did not have the deprecated plugin. This was the first time we deployed the plugin in an environment where we had to replace the existing plugin.

We just did a full restart on the environment, hopefully it fixes it. If not, I'll post the logs.

Oliver
  • 2018-08-17 15:54:45,130 GMT INFO [stdout] (Appian Plugin Hot Deploy) at com.appiancorp.type.model.DatatypeModelUriHandler.createInputStream(DatatypeModelUriHandler.java:28)
    2018-08-17 15:54:45,130 GMT INFO [stdout] (Appian Plugin Hot Deploy) at com.appiancorp.type.model.IdBasedUriHandler.createInputStream(IdBasedUriHandler.java:47)
    2018-08-17 15:54:45,130 GMT INFO [stdout] (Appian Plugin Hot Deploy) at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ExtensibleURIConverterImpl.createInputStream(ExtensibleURIConverterImpl.java:301)
    2018-08-17 15:54:45,130 GMT INFO [stdout] (Appian Plugin Hot Deploy) at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1254)
    2018-08-17 15:54:45,130 GMT INFO [stdout] (Appian Plugin Hot Deploy) at com.appiancorp.type.model.DatatypeModelRepositoryImpl.getDatatypesAndReferences(DatatypeModelRepositoryImpl.java:827)
    2018-08-17 15:54:45,130 GMT INFO [stdout] (Appian Plugin Hot Deploy) at com.appiancorp.type.model.DatatypeModelRepositoryImpl.getDatatypesAndReferences(DatatypeModelRepositoryImpl.java:761)
    2018-08-17 15:54:45,130 GMT INFO [stdout] (Appian Plugin Hot Deploy) at com.appiancorp.type.model.DatatypeModelRepositoryImpl.createDatatypes(DatatypeModelRepositoryImpl.java:270)
    2018-08-17 15:54:45,130 GMT INFO [stdout] (Appian Plugin Hot Deploy) at com.appiancorp.type.config.xsd.EcoreModelPersister.saveEcoreModels(EcoreModelPersister.java:142)
    2018-08-17 15:54:45,130 GMT INFO [stdout] (Appian Plugin Hot Deploy) ... 27 more
    2018-08-17 15:54:45,132 GMT INFO [stdout] (Appian Plugin Hot Deploy) 2018-08-17 15:54:45,132 [Appian Plugin Hot Deploy] ERROR com.appiancorp.plugins.LoggingPluginEventListener - Failed to enable Plug-in 'com.appiancorp.ps.exceltools' (com.appiancorp.ps.exceltools) version 2.0.2: 'Could not create types for [class com.appiancorp.ps.exceltools.datatype.ExportableDataSubset]. Cause: An error occurred while trying to save the type information to the Appian data source. No types have been imported. Cause: Type definitions could not be found in the Appian data source for the following type ids: 110 (APNX-1-4166-003)'
  • Hello Oliver what is above that? Can you attach ? The log file?
  • That was the rest of the relevant logs. Apologies, I will not be able to attach the log file. But I did find something interesting, it looks like the CDT below is not getting deleted. When I try to delete it, it gets deleted and no longer there, but after restarting the environment after deletion it appears again.

Namespace: urn:appian:plugin:datasubsetdownload:types
    Name: ExportableDataSubset
  • That means the plugin deployed it or for some reason held. The plugin when removed from the folder is not fully removed from Appian. Appian keeps track of all the deployed plugins.

What do you have in your admin console with the plugin?

BTW which version of java you have? Is that consistent between environments?
  • That CDT was generated by a different plugin. I know this because the namespace for the Excel plugin is urn:com:appian:ps:excel:types and the namespace of the one I'm trying to delete are different. Is it possible to directly delete it from the table?

Java Version is "1.8.0_172" and yes, it's consistent between environments.
  • On second thought, could that even be the issue since anyways the namespace are different.
  • Not sure why you have two plugins with the same object. “Ideally” having different namespaces makes them different even if they have the same name.

At this point it would be a good idea to start a support ticket.
Reply Children
No Data