Export CDT to Excel - I have this plug-in working, all except the input of "

Export CDT to Excel - I have this plug-in working, all except the input of "Cdt_fields_to_export". There really isn't any documentation on this node, so I took a stab in the dark with how to populate the inputs. I only need a handful of my fields from my CDT to export to excel, and that is why I need to complete the input of "Cdt_fields_to_export", however I'm not sure what this field is expecting. I've tried the following:

1. ={"actionType","securityName","securityId","newSecurityId","estimatedProcessingDate"} This is returning only 5 columns of data, which is what I needed, but the data is not my fields specified, instead it's the first 5 fields of my CDT.

2. ={pv!selectedUpcomingCorpActions.actionType,pv!selectedUpcomingCorpActions.securityName,pv!selectedUpcomingCorpActions.securityId,pv!selectedUpcomingCorpActions.newSecurityId,pv!selectedUpcomingCorpActions.estimatedProcessingDate} This causes my process to error and the application se...

OriginalPostID-105474

OriginalPostID-105474

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• ...rver log error is: "ERROR com.appiancorp.analytics.excel_export.ExportCdtToExcel - The input fields does not match the fields in the CDT"

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!
  • This is an array of the CDT field names that you want to export. This is optional. If null, it will export all the fields from the CDT. FOr e.g. If you have an employee CDT made of empId, empName, department, costCentre and you want to export just the employee name and department, you pass ={"empName","department"} to this parameter. The names should exactly match the names in your CDT.
  • Sathya - What you are suggesting is what I tried in my example #1, but it returned my first 5 fields in my cdt instead of the appropriate fields I input. The names do exacly match the names in my CDT as well.
  • Can you try writing with this field blank and with header_row set to true. This will show if you what is the expected CDT field names as the column header.
    Also, make sure you're not exporting nested CDT's
  • What you are using in #1 is the right way. #2 is incorrect. Please try what I've suggested above.
  • Sathya, I followed your suggestion, and all of the fields I was calling are named correctly per the heading output on my document. Unfortunately, still getting the same results when I use:

={"actionType","securityName","securityId","newSecurityId","estimatedProcessingDate"}
  • Hi Sathya .. I am using the "Export CDT to Excel" smart service. My CDT has nested cdts (upto 1 level). Will this plugin work for nested cdt type. I tried below two options.

Input 1:
    CDT - <<myCdtStructure>> [id=, transactionId=, clientRequestInfo=[id=, transactionId=, borrowerName=Xennon, obligorNumber=78, obligationNumber=, crCrmNumber=78, moodysNumber=, decisionMatrixDate=, office=, costCenter=], clientLoanInfo=, totalCommitment=209, templateInfo=, templateCmntsInfo=, sasResponseInfo=[id=, transactionId=, overallRating=2.8, prior=, trend=, policyExceptionComments=], underwriterInfo=[id=, transactionId=, preparedBy=Kevork Oflazian, preparedDate=7/11/2014, reviewedBy=, reviewedDate=7/11/2014, exceptionType=, finalDisposition=, decisionBy=]]

cdt_fields_to_export - {"clientRequestInfo.borrowerName","clientRequestInfo.obligorNumber","clientRequestInfo.crCrmNumber","clientLoanInfo.loanType","underwriterInfo.preparedBy","underwriterInfo.preparedDate","sasResponseInfo.overallRating","underwriterInfo.reviewedDate","totalCommitment"}

Cell_keys - {"A1","B1","C1","D1","E1","F1","G1","H1","I1"}
    Cell_value - {"Borrower Name","Obligor Number","CR/CRM Number","Prepared By","Prepared Date","Overall Rating","Reviewed Date","Total Commitment"}

document_name_to_create - Name of the Excel document to create
    Document_save_directory - Folder where the document should be saved into
    Document_to_overwrite -
    Excel_base_template - Empty excel file (.xlsx).
    Fail_on_error - true
    include_header_row - true
    sheet_number - 0
    Starting_cell -

Result 1:
    The following error was raised by the Export to Excel function: java.lang.Throwable: The input fields does not match the fields in the CDT

Input 2:
    CDT - <<myCdtStructure>> [id=, transactionId=, clientRequestInfo=[id=, transactionId=, borrowerName=Xennon, obligorNumber=78, obligationNumber=, crCrmNumber=78, moodysNumber=, decisionMatrixDate=, office=, costCenter=], clientLoanInfo=, totalCommitment=209, templateInfo=, templateCmntsInfo=, sasResponseInfo=[id=, transactionId=, overallRating=2.8, prior=, trend=, policyExceptionComments=], underwriterInfo=[id=, transactionId=, preparedBy=Kevork Oflazian, preparedDate=7/11/2014, reviewedBy=, reviewedDate=7/11/2014, exceptionType=, finalDisposition=, decisionBy=]]

cdt_fields_to_export -

Cell_keys - {"A1","B1","C1","D1","E1","F1","G1","H1","I1"}
    Cell_value - {"Borrower Name","Obligor Number","CR/CRM Number","Prepared By","Prepared Date","Overall Rating","Reviewed Date","Total Commitment"}

document_name_to_create - Name of the Excel document to create
    Document_save_directory - Folder where the document should be saved into
    Document_to_overwrite -
    Excel_base_template - Empty excel file (.xlsx).
    Fail_on_error - true
    include_header_row - true
    sheet_number - 0
    Starting_cell -

Result 1:
    My output excel had values for only "totalCommitment" column as that is not inside another cdt.

If this plugin doesnt support nested cdt inputs please suggest me an workaround.
  • Got a workaround for this. Please check post forum.appian.com/.../e-116520 .. Its basically to flatten the nested cdt into single cdt structure before passing it to the plugin ..
  • Chastity - were you ever able to resolve your issue with the specified fields not showing but instead just the first X number of fields in your CDT?