We are running Appian 7.3 on JBoss 6.1/oracle 11g on Windows 2008 R2. We have e

We are running Appian 7.3 on JBoss 6.1/oracle 11g on Windows 2008 R2. We have experienced the following issue and wanted to report it and see if there is some resolution.
I created process model using the process model designer. Since I was just starting to develop it, I did not Save and Publish. I just Saved it. I modified it a few times by leaving the designer window and entering back into it. Every time the process designer loaded the process correctly. I made a few more modifications that would complete the process model and then saved it. I then validated it and hit the "Start Process for Debugging". The process executed to completion and I was able to see it's results through the designer. I then continued and did a few other things like build a report and so on.
Now I want to Save and Publish the model. When I launch the designer by clicking the Edit Process Model button, all I get it an empty window and the workflow has disappeared...

OriginalPostID-89950

OriginalPostID-89950

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

I restarted all the services and attempted again, but I am getting the same results. I don't know what happened, but my entire workflow has disappeared. When I see the Process dashboard, I see my process with a status of completed. I try to "Edit Process", the designer once again launches, and displays the Please wait... message but doesn't show the workflow.

What went wrong?
    Thanks.
    Sam.
  • 1. Make sure the setting conf.suite.SERVER_AND_PORT inside <APPIAN_HOME>\\ear\\suite.ear\\conf\\custom.properites matches the URL you are using to access the application via Internet Explorer.

For instance, these settings will mean you need to use eduardosmachine.appian.com:8080/.../designer

conf.suite.SCHEME=http
    conf.suite.SERVER_AND_PORT=eduardosmachine.appian.com:8080

2. Open Internet Explorer and click "Tools" - "Internet Options" - "Advanced" - "Reset Advanced Settings"

3. Open Internet Explorer and click "Tools" - "Delete Browser History" - SELECT ALL OPTIONS - "Ok"

4. Try again

5. If the issue persists:
    ---> 5.1 Stop JBoss
    ---> 5.2 Move ALL JARS from <APPIAN_HOME>\\_admin\\plugins OUTSIDE THE APPIAN FOLDER TO UNINSTALL THE PLUGINS
    ---> 5.3 Start JBoss
    ---> 5.4 Test again. If the issue is resolved deploy one plug-in at a time to find out which one is breaking the modeler

• ---> 5.5 And always make sure this script report all engines are Okay: <APPIAN_HOME>\\server\\_scripts\\diagnostic\\checkengine

• Finally

5.6 If the issue persists disable IE Compatibility Mode
  • Eduardo,
    Thank you for your suggestions. I performed all the tasks. But I got the same results. I do no have any plugins except "Portal to SAIL_1.2.3.jar". In any case I tried after uninstalling it, but no difference.

Having said all of that, I have found the following:
    My flow initially used the "Post Event to Feed" node and added an event to my feed. This was working fine. Then, I decided that I need to post a comment to an existing event. So I changed the "Post Event to Feed" to "Post Comment to Feed Entry" smart service node. I configured it and tested it. It worked fine. I then saved the process and tried to edit the process, I am now getting the same behavior that I mentioned earlier. I tried this on a different process, and the same behavior happens.
    Thanks
    Sam.
  • Is this impacting a single process MODEL? or every MODEL? I know the issue impacts all instances of this model, but what about other models?

Can you ask somebody else to test in a different computer?
  • Eduardo,
    While attempting to figure out what was going on, I ended up doing a "Save As" on the model to a different name. When I opened the new model, it shows up with all the nodes, and I can modify and save it. The original one still doesn't work. This happened to both the models that I had trouble with. I even had another developer access it through a different computer/browser. He was able to see the modle, but as soon as he made changes to it and saved it, he saw the same behavior.
    So for now, we are no longer using the original models. We are using the ones we "saved as". And things seem to be ok for now.

Thanks for your help.
    Sam.