Questions on converting portal task report to tempo task report.

Hi,
I am converting portal task report to tempo task report. The portal task report was build on many applications(3 as of now). Here i am facing 2 challenges

1.I have a THRESHOLD type column(shows green/red/yellow icons) in the portal report. how to show the same thing in tempo?
2.How to provide the record dashboard in the tempo as the report is build on many applications?

Any suggestions?

OriginalPostID-200102

OriginalPostID-200102

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• I got the threshold column by applying gridImageColumn.
    but still need help on 2nd point.
  • @ramakg As per my understanding of the question, though the users are from different applications, having a right security privilege over the processes and access to the actual portal report document by the users of all the applications shouldn't raise an issue. If you are expecting any other information or have specific usecase, it would be grateful if you can expand more on your second concern.
  • Hi Sikhvahan
    I have task report created based on Group and this group is a part of multiple applications. Now we are converting this report to tempo. I would like to provide link to one of the report column to navigate the record dashboard.
    hopefully this is clear. please let me know if not.
  • I would like to ask you two more questions as follows in order to give suggestions:

1. Is there a column which holds the identifier of the Record Type (to which you desire to provide link) in your portal report? Or are you in a position to derive the identifier of the Record Type based on the data in your Portal Report? You might be aware of this, but just to reiterate, the identifier is the crucial element in forming the link to Record.

2. Does all the rows in the Report needs to be pointed to one Record Type? Or does the Record Type vary across the data in the report?

On the whole, a!recordLink() or fn!urlforrecord() should aid you in configuring the link to respective Record Type.

I assume that the users hold privileges to the Record Types that they should access, which otherwise would surface an error while navigation thereafter.
  • Hi Ramak, I assume you are trying to point process based record.
    If yes, I also assume that you have a portal task report, Context type as "Tasks assigned to group" have a column name "Process ID", defination="pp!id", formatted as Number and as @Sikkhivahan correctly mentioned "users hold privileges to the Record Types that they should access".
    Based on above assumptions, I hope attached code gives you an idea on how you can navigate to a record dashboard.

SAM_ucColumnConfig

SAM_ucColumnConfig

• Have this one as main rule, code has few constants pointing to record document, group and record type.

DisplayRecordLink

• I am try to point entity backed record and record types should be multiple based on the selection of the task.
  • @ramakg In that case you should be able to do something like this - Derive an identifier based on the information you do have in the report. For instance, let's say you have process id in the report the you should be able to derive the identifier of the entity backed record based on the corresponding process id and also a Record Type. If you are able to provide us information re what you have in the report and how you want to link up the same with a record, we would be more than happy to help you.
  • Hi Sikhivahan,
    As I said the portal report is a task report created based on group. So I would like to provide link to navigation entity backed record dashboard of the particular record.
    comments for your questions:
    1. We don't have any record type identifier this was created based on the portal applications
    2.Record Type varies across the data in the report.

I know its difficult to provide the record link without having record type. Any work around solution?

• @ramakg At any cost, in the existing report you should have attributes that helps building a relationship between the process and the Record Type and identifier of the record and this relationship will further assist you in associating each row of the portal report with its associated Record.

If the above isn't possible, you may quickly construct a database entity that identifies the relationship between the process (you may choose process id as identifier) and the corresponding Record Type and record and later in the Tempo Report, you may join the results of the database query with the query analytics datasubset.

In general it would be worth associating the process and its associated Record Type and the Record so that it will be helpful for these kind of usecases in your application later.