Cast error

Hi All -- I'm stuck trying to get a 3rd CDT to pull into my interface using a query rule that has an input from a local variable... here is the error: 

load(

local!ResolveIsssuesProcessId: rule!CTM_getAllResolveMonitoringFormIssuesProcessIdsByEventId(ri!monitoringEvent.eventID),
  local!formID: rule!CTM_getMonitoringFormByEventID(ri!monitoringEvent.eventID),
  local!formQuestions: rule!CTM_getFormQuestionDetailsByFormID(local!formID),

These are my local variables and here is the query rule that's throwing the error:

In the interface I am trying to save the local!formQuestions into a CDT as an array....why does it think I want to save it as an integer?? 

Instead of using a query rule to pass into the local!formQuestions I also tried an Expression rule that actually returns all the CTD's data but it is also an array of data which doesn't like being saved into the local, I get the same cast error. 

Thanks for any help!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Sarah,

It's looks like your passing dictionary insted of id. Try the following code:

load(

local!ResolveIsssuesProcessId: rule!CTM_getAllResolveMonitoringFormIssuesProcessIdsByEventId(ri!monitoringEvent.eventID),
    local!formID: rule!CTM_getMonitoringFormByEventID(ri!monitoringEvent.eventID).data,
    local!id: tointeger(index(local!formID, "formID",{})),
    local!formQuestions: rule!CTM_getFormQuestionDetailsByFormID(local!id),
    )

if you have list of id's use a!foreach to retrive all form question s for all id's

load(
    local!formID: rule!CTM_getMonitoringFormByEventID(ri!monitoringEvent.eventID).data,
    local!id: tointeger(index(local!formID, "formID",{})),
    local!formQuestions: a!foreach(
    items: local!id,
    expression: rule!CTM_getFormQuestionDetailsByFormID(fv!item)
    )
    )
  • Hi nareshc647 thank you so much! This resolved the cast error, but now instead of only saving the ID I'd like to save the entire array of CDT -- is this possible? What you provided helps get rid of the cast error, but there are still in fact an array of formQuestionID's that need to get saved into the CDT... how do I achieve this?

I want this rule input to be saved with the entire CDT for all rows -- the whole array. 

• Hi nareshc647 , so actually I may only need the formID to pass into that CDT, since ultimately what I am trying to do is have a unique Identifier in my Delete from Datastore node, but I tried the following and it's not deleting the associated lines from my CMT_FORM_QUESTIONS data entity like I would imagine per this expression:

This configuration I would expect to take any FormID's with the value passed in from the form, and delete the associated lines from the CTM_FORM_QUESTIONS table, right? Am I missing something else? 

A Score Level 2
    in reply to Sarah K.
    Yes, It is possible. I think your saving local!formQuestions in a rule input. As per my guess the return value of local!formQuestions is a data dictionary. To pass that local variable to rule input you need list of variant values.

Try with this

For single id:
    local!formQuestions: rule!CTM_getFormQuestionDetailsByFormID(local!id). data

For multiple IDs

local!formQuestions: a!foreach(
    items: local!id,
    expression: rule!CTM_getFormQuestionDetailsByFormID(fv!item).data
    )

if you still get any cast error issues use the bellow sample code

local!formQuestions: cast(
    typeof({'type!formCDT(your rule input cdt)}),
    rule!CTM_getFormQuestionDetailsByFormID(local!id). data)
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to Sarah K.
    your tring to save only ID into CTM_FORM_QUESTIONS_DSE. Insted of indexing the id use pv!formID process varibel in your identifier.

{entity: cons!CTM_FORM_QUESTIONS_DSE, identifiers: pv!formID}
  • Thanks again for the help; the .data doesn't pass anything into my CDT input, I'm guessing because the FormID is not the primary key for that data type.... hence my ongoing issue. But FormID is the connecting piece of data that ties together the EventID and FormQuestionID -- how do I handle this?
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to nareshc647
    sorry i wrongly understand your question. Try with this

{ entity: cons!CTM_FORM_QUESTIONS_DSE, Identifiers: index( pv!formID, "formquestionID",{})} to delete appriopriate column in table
  • Thanks again for the help, -- if anyone was interested in the solution, I ended up passing in a different CDT (using the same method as described above with the foreach() statement in the local variable) and was able to save that into my data identifiers for the delete smart service node to accomplish my end goal. Took a lot of debugging but it works!