I have users that are saving page URLs to their IE favorites but when they try t

I have users that are saving page URLs to their IE favorites but when they try to use the favorite, they are redirected to a different page.
These pages are published in the apps portal (/suite/apps#app=MainPage&nav=MainPage)
Is there a way to force the favorite to actual page that was originally saved as a IE favorite?...

OriginalPostID-121959

OriginalPostID-121959

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi, can you tell which IE version are you using? Also, can you please attach a screenshot/video for this issue? Finally, is this issue happening in other browsers?
  • Sahil, the attached document includes some screenshots representing the behavior. The only browser we use is IE10, I don't have another browser to test with.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.

The following link is the starting link that.docx

• Let's try the following to understand the issue better:
    1) Copy the url which causes redirection to happen (the one which is same as the favorites url).
    2) Clear IE cache and quit IE.
    3) Start IE and paste the url which causes the issue again. On pressing enter, does this url also cause redirection to happen?
    4) Is there a web server configured with this environment? If yes, which one?
  • Maybe your SSO solution is rewriting the URL, you may want to check if this is reproducible only when starting a session for the first time, I think the favorite should work for already-authenticated users.
  • Eduardo, you're correct, the URL does work if I have an existing authenticated session. I have checked with my ClearTrust team and they verified ClearTrust is not redirecting the URL. They told me they have seen issues similar where IE strips our # but I would think it would happen on authenticated sessions also if it was IE. I also had my web server team check their side and they verified no redirects exist.
  • Can you try this:

1. Stop the application server
    2. Edit <APPIAN_HOME>\\runtime_ear\\suite.ear\\web.war\\WEB-INF\\conf\\security\\spring-security-07-portal-override.xml and change the line that looks like this

<sec:http pattern="/**" use-expressions="false" >

to include an additional attribute

disable-url-rewriting="false"

3. Restart the application server and test again.
  • Eduardo, thanks for the suggestion.
    I don't have a spring-security-07-portal-override.xml but I do have spring-security-07-portal.xml.
    I made the change in our DEV environment today to the spring-security-07-portal.xml but the behavior is the same. If I try using the favorite on a non-authenticated session, it's dropping everything after the #.
    This is what I now have in the spring-security-07-portal.xml file:
    <sec:http pattern="/**" use-expressions="false" disable-url-rewriting="false" entry-
    point-ref="http403ForbiddenEntryPoint">
  • If you're using SSO there should be a spring-security-07-portal-override.xml maybe it's in a different location. It has to be in the APPLICATION_SERVER box and if not in the directory I mentioned earlier, maybe you have it one level up:

<APPIAN_HOME>\\runtime_ear\\suite.ear\\web.war\\WEB-INF\\conf\\

can you do a search to see if you find it?

• Eduardo, I did a find from root and couldn't find the file anywhere so, it's not on my servers. Not sure if it makes a difference, but we are on v7.3.
    Thanks, Mario
  • here's the output my find:
    [mnj@ServerName conf]$ find / -name 'spring-security-07-portal*' 2>/dev/null
    /export/bea/Mah-appian/servers/appian_nova-t_s1/tmp/_WL_user/suite/h1k02v/web.war/WEB-INF/conf/security/spring-security-07-portal.xml
    /export/bea/Mah-appian/servers/appian_nova-t_s1/tmp/_WL_user/suite/h1k02v/web.war/WEB-INF/conf/security/spring-security-07-portal.xml.BAK
    /export/bea/Mah-appian/servers/appian_nova-t_s1/tmp/_WL_user/suite/h1k02v/web.war/WEB-INF/conf/security/spring-security-07-portal.xml.ori
    /export/bea/Mah-appian/servers/OLD/appian_nova-t_s1/tmp/_WL_user/suite/h1k02v/web.war/WEB-INF/conf/security/spring-security-07-portal.xml
    /export/bea/Mah-appian/servers/OLD/appian_nova-t_s1/tmp/_WL_user/suite/h1k02v/web.war/WEB-INF/conf/security/spring-security-07-portal.xml.BAK
    /export/bea/Mah-appian/servers/OLD/appian_nova-t_s1/tmp/_WL_user/suite/h1k02v/web.war/WEB-INF/conf/security/spring-security-07-portal.xml.ori
    /nasappianuat/tmp_TZ/spring-security-07-portal.xml
    /opt/appianuat/appian73/ear/suite.ear/web.war/WEB-INF/conf/security/spring-security-07-portal.xml.ori
    /opt/appianuat/appian73/ear/suite.ear/web.war/WEB-INF/conf/security/spring-security-07-portal.xml.BAK
    /opt/appianuat/appian73/ear/suite.ear/web.war/WEB-INF/conf/security/spring-security-07-portal.xml
    [mnj@ServerName conf]$