Is there any way to have the auto-generated task assignment emails point to a Sites link instead of a Tempo link?

Certified Senior Developer

#Sites
Is there any way to have the auto-generated task assignment emails point to a Sites link instead of a tempo link? Currently even if we have a user configured to use a Sites start page, the emailed task link will still point to the Tempo version of the task.

We are also using a task report within Sites that the user can utilize to get to the associated task, but it would be nice to have a direct link.

OriginalPostID-219630

OriginalPostID-219630

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• See here:
    forum.appian.com/.../Sites.html

The default task notifications will always include a link to tempo. However, you could disable those and build your own send email node. If you look at the url of a task in sites you should find that it returns something you could use in your email node (<some page url...>/task/<task ID>)
  • @taylors Hi, to the best of my knowledge, the body of the default notifications can be customised(I am not exactly sure but I guess there are some jsp files which we need to modify) but it's not recommended by Appian to make changes in base product files as it might cause problems, for instance, during upgrades. The only alternate and recommended way is already suggested by Tyler Cristie.
    Certified Senior Developer
    Thanks to both of you! The issue with disabling notifications is that it means we would need to create the Send Email nodes for every [meaningful] task in the system. Alternatively, we could leave notifications enabled and only create Send Email nodes for Site-centric scenarios, but then those would generate duplicate emails. In other words, it sounds like an all-or-nothing type of scenario outside of the jsp modifications. Here's to hoping that Appian adds a configuration option to task nodes to indicate whether or not it should auto-generate assignment emails (such an option could be useful even for pure tempo environments for situations where designers just want to turn off notifications for certain tasks).
  • That will be a good enhancement. We had a similar scenario and since the users didn't not want duplicate email you can ask them to perform these steps to avoid getting default task assignment emails (unfortunately it cannot be done in bulk aby admins)

1.          Log into Appian portal mode (/apps).
    2.          Click on ‘Alerts’ link on right hand top and then click on ‘Edit my Alert Settings’.
    3.          Click on ‘Process’ link in the top box and then click on ‘New Task Assigned to me’ and ‘New Task Assigned to Me and Others’. Click on ‘Save’ to save your alert setting.

Hope this helps!
  • You could disable all emails as recommended above. And to avoid doing a very large modification to all of your process models, you could instead build an always-on process that runs a task report looking for newly created tasks, and sends out a notification every 1 minute for those newly created tasks. This way you only need to build it once, and it will only need minor enhancements to add more tasks to the report when you change your applications.