Mail Poller

Overview

This version is for Appian 22.3 and above. Cloud customers on a lower version of Appian that want to install this plugin should open a support case. Self-managed customers can find the latest jar for Appian 22.2 and lower version by downloading from the app market.

Enhancement to the plug-in to enable the selection of whether or not to include the email attachments as part of the EML document. Previously, the plug-in would create an EML document with the attachments stripped out. Our client needs to preserve the original e-mail as it was sent (for auditing purposes), so the EML must include the attachments as part of it. This update extends the functionality to allow the user to select whether they want an EML with the attachments removed (original functionality), an EML with attachments included, or both (2 EMLS of original email - one without the attachments included and one with the attachments included). Any e-mail attachments will continue to be saved separately. 

Key Features & Functionality

Takes all unread email from a mailbox and adds entries directly to a database table.The original email is saved as an EML based on three attachment type options

1. EML with attachments removed
  2. EML with attachments included
  3. Both (2 EMLs of original email) - EML with attachments removed and EML with attachments included

Each email attachment is saved as its own document. The database tables store the Appian document ids, email recipients, subject and body (text and HTML)

Anonymous
Parents Comment Children
  • The plugin gives you the basic structure of the message. What you do with it afterwards, how you process it, and how you handle marking it as processed is up to you. You could add a column to the table or create a new one with a foreign key pointing to the message table. Or you could delete the message from the table if you so choose.

• I never used the "delete" flag but I suspect what is happening is that you are not getting errors it's just that the flag is not getting set correctly on the message. It could also be that the IMAP server does not allow deletes.

Either way, the plugin always searches for new messages only.

• And just one more question, the plug-in configuration fields "On Success" & "On Failure"

For On Success I have selected "Delete" and for On Failure I selected "Mark as Read". My plug in was successfully triggered without throwing any error however, when i checked the mail box the unread mail became read but not got deleted from the INBOX. This means the On failure field was processed but there was no error as it read the mail successfully and dumped its value in DB too. Please let me know how does these 2 fields work/function

• Hi Mike,

though from mailbox the plugin reads the unread mails  and then dump the data in the Mail Poller table which we created as per IMAP documentation but when we fetch the data from DB it returns all the data irrespective of the old data which we already processed in the application. Is there any way to fetch data from DB so that it returns the unprocessed mails only because there is no way to identify which mail got processed further and which are newly added by the plugin and are still to be processed.