Microsoft PowerBI Component

Overview

Leverage PowerBI in Appian! Create and easily embed coherent, visually immersive, and interactive insights and enterprise-grade, real-time analytics.  The two PowerBI plug-ins on the AppMarket deliver both a Connected System to easily access some of the most commonly used APIs, as well as Components to PowerBI’s embedded Dashboards, Tiles, Reports, Report Builder and QnA components.

Note: These plug-ins are deployed separately. If you want to use this Component Plug-in, the corresponding Authorization Code or Password Grant Version 1.1.6+ Connected System Plug-in must be deployed and configured.

Functionality provided -- Components:

• reportField - An interactive PowerBI Report that optionally displays filters
  • reportVisualField - Displays a single visual from a report
  • createReportField - PowerBI’s report creation tool for a given dataset
  • dashboardField - A PowerBI dashboard. Clicks on tiles are accessible via a saveInto parameter
  • tileField - A single PowerBI Tile from a dashboard.
  • qnaField - A QnA component enabling the user to query and visualize different facets of a dataset

Connected Systems plug-ins:

• GetAllGroups - Returns all PowerBI user groups the current user is a part of in their PowerBI organization
  • GetDatasets - Returns all datasets
  • GetAllTilesFromDashboard - Returns all tiles in a Dashboard
  • GetReports - Returns all reports
  • GetDashboards - Returns all dashboard

Pre-requisites:

• A Microsoft PowerBI subscription or trial
  • Must be used with Microsoft PowerBI Connected System Plug-in (Authorization Code or Password Grant) Version 1.1.6+ App Owns Data (Client Credential)

Deployment Instructions:

To use this plugin you need to configure the connected system first. The connected system is required even if you‚ are only going to use the component plugin.

To configure the connected system:

• Register your app with power bi: https://dev.powerbi.com/apps. Here select the right permissions. Be sure to Register the Reply URL shown in the Connected System.
  • If already registered, the Reply URL config is located in your Azure portal: Azure Active Directory > App Registrations > [Your App Name] > Settings > Properties > Reply URLs: Paste the reply URL shown in the Connected System
  • Microsoft Azure Client id: Located in your Azure portal: Azure Active Directory > App Registrations > [Your App Name] > Settings > Properties > Application Id
  • Microsoft Azure Client secret: Located in your Azure portal: Azure Active Directory > App Registrations > [Your App Name] > Settings > Properties > Application Id
  • PowerBI Subscription Id: Also referred to by Microsoft as Directory ID and Tenant ID. Can be found at Azure portal: Azure Active Directory > Properties > Directory ID
Anonymous
Parents
  • Hi Folks,

Would like to request a demo if possible.

Thanks

Dave

• I've successfully configured the Power BI Connected System plugIn and clicking Authorize results in the Green Success bar. Generating an integration from that and pulling All Reports gets me a dictionary of the reports I've shared on PowerBI.com. But that's as far as my success goes.

We've installed the PowerBI Component plugin but all I'm getting when I try to pull a report by its Id is a blank page. Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks

Comment
  • I've successfully configured the Power BI Connected System plugIn and clicking Authorize results in the Green Success bar. Generating an integration from that and pulling All Reports gets me a dictionary of the reports I've shared on PowerBI.com. But that's as far as my success goes.

We've installed the PowerBI Component plugin but all I'm getting when I try to pull a report by its Id is a blank page. Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks

Children