PDF Tools Smart services

Hi Jim/Team

We have been using the PDF tools smart services in our application & were converting a DOCX to standard PDF document, what we've noticed is that
the PDF document doesn't retain the 'Table Of Contents' the links are just stored as static text with an underline.

Please let us know if anybody has used it & were able to retain the 'Table Of Contents' from a DOCX to PDF using this smart service.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Akkera

OriginalPostID-253987

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    @naveena113 i too have face the same issue, while converting docx to pdf everything gets appear but when it comes to Table of contents, it do not, i tried extracting the source code of this plugin and found that the code which is responsible to convert DOCX to PDF, it's most of the classes are already got Deprecated, that means this Smart Service do not contain updated source code, so may be in upcoming versions of API's (used by Smart Service) these Deprecated class support may get remove also.

so as per my understanding the only way through which we can achieve this is, building our own custom Smart Service, As i already did R&D on this, and was getting proper PDF similar as DOCX File in terms of java source code, so you can write your custom code and build a smart service, that may do your job.

Any other suggestions appreciated.
  • Hi Alok,

I have a requirement to generate dynamic PDF from apian form data.Form data is storing at DB.

So I want to use create pdf from template smart service and generate the PDF as per the requirement.

My query is how to generate the pdf template ?

Can you assist in this.

Thanks

Soujanya

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Soujanya B

Here are some options

1. Out of the box - use the PDF Doc from Template. Get a PDF an in Adobe you can Prepare the form to add fields that will be scanned and can be populated through Appian

2. Plugin - https://community.appian.com/b/appmarket/posts/dynamic-document-generator You can create a docx (word doc) or html template with the ### markers that Appian can scan and populate

3. Plugin - https://community.appian.com/b/appmarket/posts/pdf-tools You can use a PDF and in Adobe, Prepare the form to add the fields, then flatten the document so that it can not be edited

Hope one of these works for you!

Reply Children