Hi, We are upgrading the solution from 6.6.1. to 7.6 and Need help on

Hi,

We are upgrading the solution from 6.6.1. to 7.6 and Need help on below two items :-

1.) I need to auto submit a tempo form.
2.) Is there a way to stop the quick tasks in sub-process, from appearing on the related action's tab.
My parent process can call n instances of sub-process and these in turn can have m quick tasks. I end up having n*m related actions on parent record.

Thanks,
Manish

OriginalPostID-140197

OriginalPostID-140197

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• 1. To my knowledge there's no concept of auto-submit in Tempo other than the inline approval (see Inline Approval at forum.appian.com/.../Configuring_the_User_Input_Task.html)

2. Quick Task are automatically displayed as Related Actions for Process Back-ed Records. I don't think you can hide them. The best you can do is to make sure the assignment is properly configured so only the people you want them to see them actually see them.
  • 1. If I am not incorrect, if there is any incoming flow to a quick task and the control is not reached to the quick task, it will not be visible. Once the control is reached, it will always be visible unless the process in which it is lying is terminated.

Assignment configuration is also the possible option (that Eduardo already suggested).

2. Auto submitting form in tempo may be really tough from front end as you can't use javascript/jQuery there. No clues for this as of now.
  • For related action problem, check if you can use terminate end event somehow.
  • Well first of all you should avoid using too many quick tasks in your application, in case of quick task whenever the flow reaches it automatically another instance of that quick is launched so for example your flow reaches a quick task for the first time then at that time there will be 2 active instances of it and they remain active untill the process reaches a terminating node so to avoid that add a terminating node instead of end node in your process as it will kill all of your active quick tasks, so as soon as your process flow reaches a terminating node all the active tasks will be teriminated
  • Totally agree with the comment above: quick tasks become available as related actions only if they are active; meaning the incoming flow for the quick task has been activated.

In terms of having multiple instances of a quick task, that depends on the configuration of the "Other" tab; there are options to avoid creating more instances if there's still one active and to delete already completed ones.
  • Thanks all for the response.

The inline approval doesn't help me, the end users will still see the form.
    In this case, I will have to modify the existing process in order to handle this.

The problem with multiple Related actions is not because of multiple flows coming in to the same Quick Task in the same instance.
    It is because of multiple sub-process creation, and this is an expected behaviour.

Parent process Hiring Request can call as many instances of Offer sub-process as required(number of actual openings).
    I have to have it as a sub-process because there is a lot of data which is referred between them. And the application is designed in such a way.

I can alternatively provide the links for desired Quick tasks on Summary Dashboard for Hiring Request, but how do I stop users from clicking the Related actions tab?