I don't like to do so much clicks while completing any Appian training

Certified Associate Developer

Hi all,

I hope you all are doing well and safe.

Today I am going to tell my experience on Appian training. As I see there are so much button clicks while completing any Appian trainings which personally I don't like and it's just annoying.

It maybe the good for some folks, so I am sorry in advance if it is wrong according to your opinion.

For example:

1. If I started any Appian training and completed a video, then I see a pop-up with 2 buttons as below screenshot which is completely useless. It must be closed automatically and should not ask these questions. If I am ready to start the next activity that I can do manually.

2. In every quiz it asking to proceed with message "Time to check your knowledge! ..." it's ok to warn but each time for each quiz, if a person seriously want to pass the quiz definitely he/she will read the questions carefully.

3. If I turned off the caption for one video then it should not ask for next video or for entire training sessions. Seriously I don't like to turn it off each time in every video. If a person interested to see the caption then he/she can turn it on manually. Please it must be off if a person turned off for one video.

4. "Tell Us What you Think"  this is extra session for each training to take the feedback. Ok, I will give it.. then it should not to be clicked Submit button for each questions/feedback (including quiz). There must be a single Submit button for all the feedback/questions. I mean it should be submitted in one go.

5. After giving the feedback, it is informing that 100% training completed. Hey Man! I know... please don't ask to do so much button clickssss... Please close it automatically the pop-up without button click.

6. "Evaluate Course" Till now I couldn't understand to evaluate this one... again your are asking the feedback... Why? Ok I will give because it is like forcing... then after submitting it... it is asking to close the window... Can't you close this automatically? So much button clicks...

7. After completing of the training... this Evaluate Course GUAGE is not updating sometime... I think every time... When I refresh the page then it will be updated. In come case even it is not showing the correct percentage of the training.

There are so many button clicks... Seriously! sometime it stopped me to do the trainings, it's like lost my interests because of these button clicks... I would highly request to entire Appian team to look into this.

Please hit the LIKE button (single click ;) ) if you have the same experience...

Regards,

Shubham Kumar

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• I agree that these clicks can be certainly reduced but as a developer, I understand that the reason behind so many clicks is just trying to rescue a pre-built set of functionality. Sometimes, it fits well, but other times, it is just because they reused it. 

A classic example of it is, you have seen the quiz format Appian has. Now when you try to explore the Appian vs Other tools on the academy, you'll see that to let us accept the disclaimer before proceeding with the course, they have resued the same quick format with a single option.